(Jul 1, 2016) Update: Indeed Owner Recruit Holdings Acquired Simply Hired
Recruit Holdings, the company that owns Indeed, has announced that they acquired Simply Hired following the announcement that it would be shutting down on June 26, 2016.
Simply Hired recently sent out a message to all of their customers & users notifying them that they will be discontinuing service. If you’re one of their 30 million monthly users you may have been surprised to receive this message. Some reports claim that this is due to an acquisition.
Many of the staffing agencies I work with have asked me where they should move their marketing money now that Simply Hired is shutting down. Depending on your niche & market there are a lot of options. I’ve seen a lot of success in community sites as well as other job boards & job alert services. Below I’ve listed some other sites to use for generating candidate leads:
- Indeed – Hands down one of the best places online to generate candidate leads.
- ZipRecruiter – I like to use the ZipAlerts service better than some of their other job promotion offerings.
- Jobs2Careers – Another great source for qualified applicants.
- Track5Media – They have job boards for several niche industries.
- Dice – Great job board for the tech industry with a similar model to Monster or CareerBuilder.